Dr Shevy Perera
MBChB, BHB, FRACS
Dr Dayashan (Shevy) Perera is a Expert Colorectal Surgeon specialising in laparoscopic minimally invasive (“keyhole”) surgery. He has performed over 2,000 laparoscopic bowel resections, making him one of the most experienced laparoscopic Colorectal Surgeons in Australia.
Dr Perera has been in practice for 15+ years and is actively involved in training new surgical registrars. He was Director of Surgical Training for the Southern Surgical Network from 2002-2008 and the Treasurer of the Medical Staff Council at St George Public Hospital from 2008-2012. He is currently the Supervisor of Colorectal Fellowship Training at St George Public Hospital.
Dr Perera’s main interests include advanced laparoscopic colorectal surgery and hernia surgery. He also an accredited robotic surgeon, using the cutting edge da vinci robot on patients when indicated.
Hospital Operating Appointments
Dr Perera is accredited to perform surgery at the following hospitals:
- St George Public Hospital
- St George Private Hospital
- Sutherland Public Hospital
- Kareena Private Hospital
- Hurstville Private Hospital
- Prince of Wales Private Hospital
- Kingsway Day Surgery
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS)
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBCh) (Auckland)
- Bachelor of Human Biology (BHB) (Auckland)
Surgical Training & Research
- Surgical Fellowship in Colorectal Surgery (CSSA)
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Sydney Colorectal Surgical Society
- Colorectal Surgical Society of Australia